2016 Free Agent first baseman/catcher/EH Shaul Illidge
Who are you playing with in 2016?
– Free Agent looking for a Conference opportunity – firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Shaul takes care of his own travel to make it easier on the teams
Why do you like the game of softball?
– Softball is fun, also a family invoved activity and you get to know all kinds of players, especially now that i travel alot with my family to the USA!
Who is the best softball player you have ever seen play?
– There are so many, Shaul Illidge (myself of course), Brett Helmer, Greg Connell, Andy Purcell, Brian Wegman, Rusty Bumgardner, Robert Blackburn, BJ Fulk, Chris Larsen, Kevin Filby, Denny Crine, Tim Cocco, and my idol the one I look up to and my boss btw Mr JEFF HALL.
What is your nickname in softball?
– JEFF HALL or JH
What is your height and weight?
– 1.90m 240 pounds
Where do you call home?
– A town in ARUBA called Primavera
What's your favorite way to spend an off weekend?
– With my family no doubt, my beautiful wife Tessy Ahlip, my little princess Jewell Ruby Mei-Xiu Illidge, and my 2 boys Jimmy and Jason
What do you do for a living?
– I'm a musician (Drummer) and I work with East Coast Athletics
Did you play sports in High School / College / Pro?
– Yes I did, Basketball, Baseball, Softball and Volleyball
How did you get your start in softball and how did you get to the upper level?
– First of all it started with my dad Gabriel Illidge, he was the best 3rd baseman in Aruba. I watched a lot of videos on you tube of softball in the US and got hooked on it! And my wife Tessy used to manage a team and that gave me more motivation to keep on with it. I am not yet in the upper level but someday I will!
What was the best advice you were ever given?
– To follow your dreams like I did, never give up, where there 's a will there's a way! Jeff Hall told me:" Play Hard, Swing Hard and never give up CUZ!
What advice can you give a young player trying to break into the upper level?
– Just keep working hard!
What position do you play?
– 1st Base
What batting grip do you use?
– Normal baseball grip but one finger off the knob
What ounce bat do you use?
– 28 oz and for fast pitch 26oz
What do you do in the off season to prepare for the next softball season?
– Plenty Batting Practices and I hit the gym 5 days a week!
What is your favorite sports team?
– Yankees in baseball and Lakers in basketball
What is your favorite sport other than softball?
– Baseball and Weight Lifting
What is your most memorable softball moment?
– Meeting Jeff Hall in person and participating for the first time in a homerun derby in the US. It was the combat Dudley Derby held in Minnesota at the Bebop Sports bar
What would be your "at bat" music selection?
– Any Blackeyed Peas Music, because my little princess Jewell is a big fan of them!
What is the best softball field you have played at and why?
– Any field in the US is good for me cause they are so smooth!
Where is the best place to eat on the road after a game?
– Chuck e Cheese (Daughters Favorite) and Red Lobster (Wife's favorite)